• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Drop Ball Test Certificate Required by US Customs.

Do you know if I can use the luxottica form in the first page today? If not does anyone have an updated version?

Hi, best thing to do is message Oakley and show proof of purchase and pictures of the glasses. The last time I messaged them, they were asking for those requirements. Best of luck!

I used the certificate twice no problem.
ah nice, in the fedex form did you just fill out your own information as the receiver?
Hi, best thing to do is message Oakley and show proof of purchase and pictures of the glasses. The last time I messaged them, they were asking for those requirements. Best of luck!
Yeah that's tricky because I purchased some old/ eyejackets from a seller, and used a proxy service to mail it. I was bit confused about why I needed to provide information since these are not new products.

@eniretsim try to use the certificate posted, maybe that still is valid.
Whether its old, new or prototype anything marked “sunglasses,eyeshields,specs” needs to have an eyeball certificate especially if its terminal destination is USA. This only applies if your using private couriers. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
FedEx Custom's Dept. is the only carrier from which I run into this crap ......
1666719144651.jpeg

ah nice, in the fedex form did you just fill out your own information as the receiver?

Yeah that's tricky because I purchased some old/ eyejackets from a seller, and used a proxy service to mail it. I was bit confused about why I needed to provide information since these are not new products.
First time I shipped one pair and FEDEX requested it. Second time I shipped a shoe box full of NOS Lenses and DHL requested it. Both times I just Emailed the form and the package got released
Maybe it was just the luck of the Irish.
Keep in mind, that Shipper like FEDEX want to get rid of your package. everything else is just extra work to them. If you send them a document from Oakley they kind of understand, they will release it.
FEDEX don't know the difference between any models.

Greetings All!
Should you be expecting any sunglasses from countries outside USA and sender used the following private companies( Fed-Ex, TNT, DHL, UPS). Please be aware that your sunglasses /package will be delayed
unless the sender includes the following certificates. Worst it will be returned to sender as US customs has only 5 days to clear the package.Have a nice day!

Q:What is a drop ball test ?
A: Sunglasses and Lenses—Did You Know? | Registrar Corp
Q:Where to download the form?
A:http://www.fedex.com/downloads/cn/tools/clearancedocs/dropballtest.pdf/
* Attached the two certificates below with the downloaded and signed form and stick it to the shipping label.

View attachment 571565

View attachment 571566
Does this form still work? Noticed it’s dated back to 2018.

My FedEx shipment is being held awaiting this form.