• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mercari's New BUYER fee's

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So very mixed on this... I have to say I have not witnessed this done anywhere on a major forum to this degree yet. Is this going to lower prices and attract more sellers? Will this run off all the buyers and leave nothing but sellers? Thoughts?

In this case the person listed the item on eBay for $595 and Mecari for $495 so seller chose lower price...
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 4.00.29 AM.png

I can’t stand Mercari anymore. I have implemented them since 2015. Nowadays they sneak in all kinds of fees, which was not the case back in the day. But it’s your decision to purchase or sell. The customer service sucks too.
Agree on all points there... I do like the structure for protection but dang if you step outside the process or you are past a deadline responding or have an issue after you accepted the item you are screwed.

My first reaction to it was a bit of rage but after thinking it through there is some logic to it. I am wondering what the seller has to pay now or does the buyer cover the expenses? I would think if it is going to be buyers who cover the fee's they are going to have to be a buyer friendly site when there are issues. I have cut selling on all the sites to almost 0 anymore so I am not as in tuned to who charges more or less as I use to be.

If nothing else it will be an interesting experiment to watch and see what happens. Again, I hand it to them for being willing to take such a big chance on changing such a big and sensitive topic as it is. With the example above the end result was you can get them item $50 cheaper on Mercari so 1 point for Mercari!

They killed enthusiasm for wanting to sell. And now they’re doing the same for buying. If people still overprice things, I’m less likely to look now.

Mercari continues to shoot itself in the foot with their terrible decisions. It started with doing nothing about snakes contacting sellers after something was already sold. Then they changed how the search engine worked and put a whole bunch of stuff that had nothing to do what you asked for. Now this? No wonder a few things I was sort of interested in havent sold yet. I didn’t realize they did that. Wasn’t there supposed to be some law that was going to be passed to stop these junk fees?

Back